01/01/2011. The day and the year began as I would hope it will continue with tea and porridge served to me in bed by the good Lady Peanut, I shall enter the year on a note of optimism by hoping that this trend will continue!
Anyway refuelled bright and early my mind turned to The Beastie Bifta Awards for 2010 so today’s blog is quite simply an announcement of the categories, candidates and winners so without further ado here we go with The 10 Beastie Bifta Awards!
The Beastie Bifta Award for Best Supporting Partner
1. Lady Peanut.
3. Craig S Monster.
The Winner by a hair’s width – Elliott!
The Beastie Bifta Award for the Most Missed hero
The Uncontested Winner – Our Beloved Murray Cat!
The Beastie Bifta Award for the Most Unexpected Newcomer
1. Ola our ickle kitten.
2. Maxwell Frisby.
The Winner – Maxwell Frisby
The Beastie Bifta Lifetime Achievement Award
1. Chris Keighley, for his successful midlife career change.
2. Gail Westfield for years of dedicated service to marriage in the face of adversity.
3. Amelia Turner for conqering her demons and passing her Driving Test first time after 9 years of trying!
The Winner in an unbelievably close field of nominations – Amelia Turner!
The Beastie Bifta Award for the Most Improved Photographer in 2010
1. David James Young – keen all round Togger.
2. Kev Spiers – Technical Obsessive.
3. Andrew Harris – Flickr Project 365 Photographer.
The Winner with a great 365 collection – Andrew Harris
The Beastie Bifta Award for the Watchonista of 2010
1. Ray Westfield – now taking medication for his obsession.
2. Michael Burnett – for growing an amazing collection in 2010.
3. Ray Westfield – for outstanding photography in the field of Horology.
The Winner and not just for the CWL C8 – Michael Burnett!
The Beastie Bifta Award for Conspicuous Consumption and Indulgence
1. David James Young for the relentless purchase of cameras in the search for perfection.
2. Ray Westfield for the purchase of frankly everyhting that could be construed as a gadget, or is on MY WALL OF WANT.
3. Paul Lewis for buying an iPhone after months of declaring undying hatred for them.
The Winner by a Country Mile – Ray Westfield
The Beastie Bifta Award for the Event of The Year
1. Severns Go Camping Together by Enid Blyton and Paul Lewis
2. The Wedding of Dave aka Scream and Becky aka Pixie – wish we had made it there.
3. The New MINI Day in Northampton – great MINIs, great mates, great superchargers.
The Winner – The Wedding of Dave aka Scream and Becky aka Pixie!
The Beastie Bifta Award for the Most Loyal and Trusty Servant
1. Carl Turner for his enduring devotion to a demanding better half!
2. CooperBeast for his unfailing service and always being there when he’s needed.
3. Ray Westfield for his unstinting services to the improvement of the UK economy.
The Winner – CooperBeast by a Typhoon inducted supermile!
The Beastie Bifta Award for the Most annoying Social Trend
1. Twiitter apps for updating your location when the most exciting place you visit is a petrol staion called Tesco.
2. The use of Social Networking Sites to thank people for a great party knowing the rest of your mates weren’t invited.
3. Persistent meaningless texting whilst out socialising because you are obviously bored of the people you are with.
The Winner – The use of Social Networking Sites to thank people for a great party knowing the rest of your mates weren’t invited.
Congratulations to all people and all things that won a Bifta Awrd may you treasure it throughout the year.
Finally in lieu of a trip down Memory Lane, as this is the 1st of January we should instead do that with a look forward to the year ahead. Please join Lady peanut as hes does this in her New Year’s Day Beastcast!
Thanks and goodnight xx